Home About us Worship & Learning Listen to Sermons Groups/Commmunity Links Events
1950 April 10 – The construction of the church building began. Mr. Oscar Wiles was the contractor May 28 – The cornerstone was laid. 1951 July 23 – Pastor C.T. Wetzstein received a peaceful dismissal to accept a call to Bethel Lutheran Church. August 1951 until February 1952 – Rev. Erdman served as the vacancy pastor. September 16, 1951 – The church building was dedicated Festival Service of Dedication at 3:00 p.m. Officiant: Rev. C.T. Wetzstein Liturgist: Rev. F. Malinsky, St. Paul’s Elmira Speaker: Rev. K.A. Kriesel, Trinity Lutheran, Silver Creek, N.Y. Choir Director: Mr. Amandus Herz Organist: Mr. G.G. Ernst Soloist: Mr. G.W. Wetzstein, Ottawa.   Supper at 5:00 p.m. served by The Ladies’ Aid            Evening Service at 7:00 p.m. 1962 The Rathke Bursary Fund was established to support pastoral students. Continue to 1970s & 80s...

Chronology - 1950s and 1960s

2016 Redeemer Lutheran Church. All rights reserved.

Our History

From our archives: a chronology

Redeemer Lutheran Church

78 John St. West (at Severn),  Waterloo, Ontario, Canada  N2L 1B8      Tel: (519) 745-5027