Home About us Worship & Learning Listen to Sermons Groups/Commmunity Links Events
1942 An application was made to build the super structure of the church buiding, but because of the war, the permit was not granted. May 1– The contract was let, at a cost of $7,800.00, to erect a parsonage. October 25– The parsonage was dedicated and occupied by the pastor four days later. November 22 – Pastor Kriesel accepted a call to Philadelphia, Pa. November 24 – The first call for a new pastor was made, with no result. December 14 –  A second call was sent, this time to the Rev. C.T. Wetzstein of Regina, Sask. September 24 – The congregation adopted the plans for the superstructure of the church building 1943 February 7 -–  Pastor C.T. Wetzstein was installed, the Rev. A. Orzen officiating. 1944 November 10 – Grace Lutheran Church was organized and served for 13 months by Pastor Wetzstein. Five families of Redeemer were transferred to Grace. 1946 June 23 – Six additional lots behind the church, 40’x100’ each, were purchased for $2000.00. 1949 February 6 – Bethel Lutheran Church (a German-language congregation) was organized, and served by Pastor Wetzstein within Redeemer’s church building until some time after September 1951. Again, five families were transferred to the newly organized congregation. September 24 – The congregation adopted the plans for the superstructure of the church building. Continue to 1950s & 60s...

Chronology - 1940s

2016 Redeemer Lutheran Church. All rights reserved.

Our History

From our archives: a chronology

Redeemer Lutheran Church

78 John St. West (at Severn),  Waterloo, Ontario, Canada  N2L 1B8      Tel: (519) 745-5027